The BAM/PFA Academic Advisory Committee plays a key role in integrating the museum's art and film programs with the academic life of the campus and in making visual literacy an important part of a UC Berkeley education.
The committee, which had its first meeting in January 2002, provides academic perspectives on a wide range of museum and film archive issues. As BAM/PFA works to make its exhibitions, programs, and collections better serve the academic community, advice from the teaching faculty about what strategies and initiatives will best achieve this goal is crucial. The committee also assists BAM/PFA staff in building closer ties to departments and units on campus.
The Academic Advisory Committee has a critical role in the planning process for a new building to house BAM/PFA, providing vital input on the programs and kinds of spaces that faculty would find most useful and appealing in the new facility.
2006-07 BAM/PFA Academic Advisory Committee
- Anthony Burke, Architecture
- Richard Buxbaum, Law
- Carol Clover, Scandinavian/Rhetoric/Film Studies
- Vasudha Dalmia, South and Southeast Asian Studies
- Marilyn Fabe, Film Studies
- Ken Goldberg, Industrial Engineering & Operations
- Research/Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Alison Gopnik, Psychology
- Richard Hutson, English
- Shannon Jackson, Theatre, Dance, and Performance Studies
- Lucy Jacobs, Psychology
- Christina Maslach, Psychology, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Greg Niemeyer, Art Practice/Film Studies
- Alva Noë, Philosophy
- Christos Papadimitriou, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Richard Rinehart, Center for New Media
- Anne Wagner, History of Art
- Anne Walsh, Art Practice
- Linda Williams, Film Studies/Rhetoric