The dictionary definition is:
1. The position, direction, or way in which something, such as an automatic control, is set.
2.a. The context and environment in which a situation is set; the background. b. The time, place, and circumstances in which a narrative, drama, or film takes place.
3. The scenery constructed for a theatrical performance or movie production.
4. Music. A composition written or arranged to fit a text, such as a poetical work.
5. A mounting, as for a jewel.
6. A place setting.
7. A set of eggs in a hen's nest.
Words similar to setting are:
stage, scene, site, locale, scene, scenery.
Click HERE to go back to the New Child Self-Guided Tour ...